Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Chicken Progress

The Araucana chickens are growing up! If You would like to know more about Araucanas, you can read the information here: http://www.skyblueegg.com Don't miss this great National Geographic article from 1948 about the introduction of the Araucana to the USA.

I like the chickens I got from the eggs I acquired on eBay. But according to "The Standard", they are not ideal. Fortunately, I'm not too particular about that sort of thing. Two of my birds show the highly coveted "tufts" and a couple of them are tailless. The hen looks like any old chicken. No tufts, no tail. She doesn't even have any interesting colors.

Group Shot.

Blackbeard crowing.
Lucky, screaming his lungs out.

Duchess is my only hen. I need to get the fellas a few more girlfriends. She's already starting to look over-worked.

Does this guy look like any chicken you've ever seen?

No comments: