Saturday, September 23, 2006

India, the movie

INT- AUROVILLE EARTH UNIT OFFICE - MORNING

Slow day. Almost dreamlike. A man in his mid thirties walks into the office and speaks to the receptionist.

AARON
May I use the phone?

SUTA
Local?

AARON
Yes. I may need some help.
I still don't know the phone
system here.


He shows her the number. She dials it and hands the phone over to him. He listens to the phone.

AARON
Is it ringing? I don't know this sound.

Hands phone back.

SUTA
Engaged. Maybe you try later?

AARON
Sure. May I just wait here?

SUTA shakes her head side to side (yes). AARON moves to the reading/waiting area. A butterfly flys into though the open window then flys around the room and then back out the window again as AARON watches on.

...

INDIA - INT - GIFT SHOP SHOW ROOM

SALES MAN
How are you enjoying India so far?

AARON
Oh, it's just fine

SALES MAN
You obviously haven't seen too much of it yet.