Monday, October 02, 2006

Extending stay in India?

After some consideration I decided to extend my stay in India for one additional week. I contacted my employer and asked for another week off. (unpaid) Lucky me, they said yes. Now the problem is changing my flight. I attempted to do it today via the Internet with no luck. I think I may have booked one of those non-refundable, immutable tickets. I'm not sure. My attempt to call the airline today was futile as it's a national holiday today in India.

Update: You can see the brick testing video here: http://www.mediamax.com/lordtangent/Hosted/brick_test.MP4

Or you can jump down and see it in the earlier post where I first mentioned it: Making Bricks

More wild architecture in Auroville.

Aspiration dining room:
One of the schools:
The "Pyramid Building" which is now an art school:


The Solar Kitchen cooking up tasty lunches:

These huts are typically called "Capsules" They are the most basic accommodation that can reasonably be called a "home":


The lovely Mira explains the complexities of living in Auroville during the three day Intro to Auroville workshop.


No comments: